Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday night runs


Just finished my 3rd Tuesday night run with the group and it's amazing how much endurance I've gained over the past several weeks. 40 minutes around upper Greenlake went by in a snap, and it's difficult to hold myself back from running a second loop! I keep reminding myself not to push too hard, take it easy, and enjoy the ride.

One thing's for sure, I have much more energy in the evening for my runs. Last Saturday morning I returned to the scene of last September's miserable 4.25 mile Redhook Brewery run - this time around it was a much more enjoyable experience, but I'm dragging in the morning. I need to keep experimenting with food/smoothie/water intake to find the best combination for a strong run. This coming Saturday is another 40 minute run around Eastlake, which I really enjoyed on our first Saturday. Should be a good one :)

Thursday, my runner friend Wacarra and I are going to see Spirit of the Marathon, a documentary following 5 runners as they complete the Chicago LaSalle Marathon. I've been seeing this trailer for months now at the theater and I'm soooooo excited to see it!!! I've already bought tix online, as it's just the one show and is sure to sell out!

I'll admit it, I'm fantasizing about running the full marathon. There, I said it. We'll see. First things first. 15 weeks to race day - Go Team!

No comments: