Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Closing the book

It's with a heavy heart that I said goodbye yesterday to my friends and co-workers in the Live Search Books group where I have been a contract employee for the past 10 months. My boss and some of the other members of my team took me out for a goodbye lunch at our team favorite Thai Ginger in Redmond Town Center. I feel as though I've come so far in the past year in terms of increasing my skill set and making all the necessary connections at Microsoft. I recognize the huge career risk that this was, leaving a good paying, full time job behind to strike out on my own. I feel that it has paid off enormously, as my next position, as a Product Marketing Manager in Rich Media, will be even more challenging. I will miss working with an incredible array of super talented, clever, charismatic, and personable colleagues, but I'm sure my new team will be equally exciting in its own way.


Working in 88 has also allowed me generous access to Raj, who works next door in 87. I'll miss our daily lunches in Cafe 86, the smoothie bar downstairs, and hot, cheap oatmeal. In May, our building was treated to a ping-pong tournament starring none other than Mr. Bill Gates himself. Here's a shot of Bill ping-ponging.


I'm excited for the next chapter to begin .............



1 comment:

wac said...

Yay! Congrats, Deb! I was just wondering about your job status this evening! I'm glad you found a good opportunity just in time! :)