Sunday, April 27, 2008

Final countdown...

Today I ran 10.5 miles. Let me repeat that. Today I ran 10.5 miles... as in, consecutively. The half-marathon is next weekend, and at this point in the game I'm as ready as I'm going to be. I had a lot of time to think today - I reminisced about the past 10 months, remembered some of the early races I competed in - back when I could barely run 3 miles, and felt overwhelmed by my accomplishment. One foot in front of the other. Slow and steady wins the race. As cliche as they sound, these statements are my mantra.

I truly believe that with the proper training and commitment, anyone can complete an endurance event. I wish I could convince all of those people out there that think they are not capable that they CAN do it. I am a different person today due to the self-confidence and boundless determination that I've gained from my training. It's a great feeling. Now I'm coming up on the final stretch and can't wait for all of my hard work to pay off. Just one more week to go ....

1 comment:

wac said...

"The race is not always to the swift, but those who keep on running!" -Nike running poster

You can do it, Deb!!!!