Thursday, May 29, 2008

Three weeks of sloth

So I've been sitting on my ass for about three weeks now... ahh, glorious springtime in Seattle! I am contemplating changing my blog name to sloth.blogspot.com, but I imagine it's already taken.

So, big news, blog reader(s) - on Friday, Microsoft announced it is shutting down its book digitization project , which means my position is being terminated in another 5-6 weeks. This came as a big surprise, as I had just been confirmed as staying on for another year, but you know how it goes in the software industry.... So now I am hunting around for an FTE position here at Microsoft. I really love working here and hope I can make it work somehow.

This weekend I am heading down to L.A. for a little central California coast roadtrip with Rajesh! Even though vacation photos are wildly inappropriate for my running blog, I will post them anyway upon my return. And who's kidding who here - I'm not running anymore, so I might as well repurpose the blog for something good - and that is me, having fun.

BTW, I cut all off my hair off last week. Not all, but most of it. First significant haircut I've had in a few years. Just thought you'd like to know.

No comments: