Monday, March 24, 2008

I can't believe I just ran 7 miles

I remember last summer preparing for my first 5k race when running 3 miles felt like an impossible feat. It just goes to show that consistent training over time really does pay off. On Saturday, I ran the furthest I have ever run - 7 miles - starting in Madrona just north of Blue Water Bistro, heading south towards Seward Park along Lake Washington. It felt surprisingly strong through the whole run, and I believe I could have gone another 3 miles easily. The weather was phenomenal (followed by an especially crappy Sunday) and every runner I passed had a huge smile on their face. I am still experiencing no knee problems (still wearing my patella strap on the left knee - just in case) and am looking forward to 8 miles this coming Saturday.

Since I switched races from San Diego (June 1) to Vancouver (May 4), I am a little behind where I should be this close to the race, but if I feel this strong on race day I should have no problems completing the entire 13 miles :)

No comments: