Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Joy and disappointment

I'm not going to lie, last week was emotional and I'm still coming to terms with not having run the marathon. Any doubts I had about my decision were silenced this weekend when my foot started killing me after walking less than 2 miles around the city. Even still, I'm upset that life isn't fair and I'm uncertain about wanting to try again.

Disappointment aside, Raj and I had a - dare I say it, magical weekend in Philadelphia, filled with delicious food, wine, and friends. We loved everything about Philly: the amazing history and architecture, friendly people, BYOB policy at all restaurants, Amada tapas, the art museum, and yes, even watching the marathon. Once again, I am thankful for everything I have and everything I am and look forward to 2009 and moving on to my next big adventure. Link

No comments: