Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What people are saying about Peroneal Tendinitis

Ran across an interesting thread on Runner's World:

http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/678106477/m/291108977

I know in my heart that running the marathon will put me at extreme risk of tearing my Peroneal tendon. While I know the "right" thing to do is to postpone the marathon, I just can't let go of something I've worked so hard for, obsessed over, thought about, talked about, dreamt about, for months. But I know no matter what, nothing is worth putting my health at risk. I'm reading too many horror stories of runners needing surgery or taking months or years to recover from this injury. It's just not worth it.

More physical therapy in the morning....

1 comment:

wacarra said...

hang in there, Deb! An injury doesn't negate all the hard work you've done! It'll be easier for you to pick up where you left off after a few weeks of rest. You have still accomplished so much! Remember to give yourself credit for making it this far, not many have :)