Sunday, November 16, 2008

Six days to go...

I ran my last long run yesterday and ended up having to walk the last 1.5 miles due to increasing pain in my right foot. I felt the pain for the first time starting at around mile 15 of my 20 mile run two Saturdays ago, and it's been appearing around mile 4 on my shorter runs. It's continued to get worse.

I've been researching the problem online and am almost certain I have Cuboid Syndrome, if not a full-fledged stress fracture. My ankle is also swollen, like the beginnings of a sprained ankle. I am calling my doctor first thing tomorrow to get some x-rays done immediately and possibly get in to see a podiatrist. From what I've gathered from the research, if it is Cuboid Syndrome and not a stress fracture, a podiatrist should be able to manipulate the bone back in to place.

Let's hope. I can't run a marathon on this foot.

No comments: